Sunday, May 6, 2007

Getting to Know Grumpy Cat


So, I thought we had worked out a deal. Grumpy Cat can growl at me as much as she likes, while I pretend to snooze in high places. My human has made it so that I don't have to walk by the kitten room door to get to my food and I steer clear of that disturbing room.

THEN, last night, Staubie got a stick up her hind quarters about me getting a drink of water. I mean, we all have to stay hydrated, right? Especially since the weather has turned warm here.

Grumpy Cat went ape sh*** and kept me in a corner for a few minutes until my human picked her up and confined her to to kitten room.

I had to go down stairs - I'm getting bored down there. For the rest of the night, we got living room shifts.

This morning, however, it is back to our former arrangement of snoozing and growling. Has anyone else out there had to make friends with a mama cat? I don't even want to go near her kittens - kittens scare me. I just want to sleep in the sun, then go downstairs and sleep in my bowl, then go outside and snooze on the walkway...

See the scary kitten pile?

10 comments:

Daisy said...

Those kittens are very very cute. But I have never made friends with a Mommycat before. I am still trying to make friends with my big sister Pixie. And it has been 3 years.

MightyCat said...

3 years?! I usually take about a week...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Welcome to the Cat Blogosphere. We made friends with our woofie, so maybe there's hope for you and Grumpy Cat. Hopefully she'll calm down when the kittens are older.

Around Your Wrist said...

sounds so stressful! be sure to take an extra nap in the sun, ok?

--suz

Samantha & Mom said...

Cute kittens. I love kittens. I made friends with my adopted mommy cat, but it took awhile. There's hope yet. Welcome, it's so nice to meet you.
Samantha
Pink Ladies

sammawow said...

Hi Mighty - We're Pink Ladies too and heard about you from Daisy. We hope that you will get to be friends with Grumpy Cat. That orange kitten looks like China Cat! Except she's not a kitten anymore - she's 10. We'll put your link on our blogs, OK?

Purrrrrs, China Cat & Willow

The Crew said...

Hi Mightycat. I'm here from The Pink Ladies to welcome you to our cat blogging community!

That sure is a cute kitten pile.

Your friend
Misty
The Pink Ladies

Monica said...

Hello, Mighty Cat. I meant to come visit your blog sooner, but my human was not cooperating. I have never met any kittens. They sure look cute, but I'll take your word for it that they are scary.

MightyCat said...

To the Crew: I think maybe I should join cats of many colors! I am one... May I be a grumpy old cat of many colors?

Riley and tiki, Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Suzanne - you look like Tigger might look some day!

Samantha - I was a little confused about whereyou come from... Do you want to trade links?